In summer there is nothing better for the soul than some ice-cold ice cream! With this Strawberry Açai Nice Cream Bowl, you will get exactly this great feeling, but it even better than that: It’s also healthy for you and your body. OMG! Keep reading if you want to find out the recipe for this ultimate summer bowl:
What’s Nice Cream?
Nice Cream is what we call vegan ice cream, which has no dairy or animal products in it. Mostly it is made from frozen bananas, but sometimes it is also made from coconut milk. One thing is for sure: It is ultra delicious!
Açai: The berry Wonder from Brazil
First of all: Technically speaking, the açai berry is not really a berry as we know it, but rather a seed. The hard interior of the seed is surrounded by fruit flesh and a thin skin full of valuable nutrients.
“In the micronutrient range, the skin has a high level of antioxidants called anthocyanins. In terms of macronutrients, açaí skin offers an almost perfect combination: many heart-friendly omega fatty acids, a high proportion of dietary fibres, protein and all this practically without fructose”, writes WILD BOWLS.
Açai is also ingenious in taste: A little bit tart, it reminds you of a mix of dark chocolate and berries. So with Açai, you are clearly doing your body AND your taste buds a favour!
Basic Ingredient: Bananas
The banana – the basic ingredient for almost every Nice Cream – also provides some valuable nutrients. Besides potassium, which is proven to be good for the heart and bones, it is also full of valuable vitamin B6. In addition, the banana is also full of fibre, which is really good for your digestion!
Vitamin C Kick: Strawberry
The third important ingredient in the Strawberry Açai Nice Cream Bowl is the strawberry. The sweet berry is known worldwide and is considered an excellent source of vitamin C and folic acid (which, by the way, is not only important for pregnant women!)
Strawberry Açai Nice Cream
But let us now come to the important part of the article: The recipe! You don’t need much more than the three ingredients in the name. Here is the list of ingredients:
- 2 frozen Bananas
- 1 package of frozen açai puree (e.g. from Alnatura)
- 80 – 100g frozen Strawberries
- 60ml Oat or nut milk (or normal milk)
- Toppings of your choice: Granola, Nuts, nut butter, fresh fruit
Strawberry Açai Nice Cream: Recipe
Preparation is quick and easy, another plus point for this recipe!
- Put all ingredients except the toppings together in a blender. Make sure that the blender has enough power to mix frozen food and needs extra sharp and fast blades. Small blender blades can quickly become overloaded and possibly break!
- Mix everything at high speed until a viscous mass results. If the frozen fruit does not mix, add some more milk or warm water until it works.
- Fill the Nice Cream into the provided bowls and garnish with your toppings.
- Now there’s only one thing left to do: Enjoy!
Of course, you can also make the Açai Nice Cream with other ingredients! Just swap the strawberries for another fruit or even start mixing different things. Mango and pineapple give an ingenious tropical taste, peanut butter and chocolate chips remind you of Snickers.
Just try it out and find your own favourite!
Want Regular Updates? Sign up for my Newsletter: