Granola is an important ingredient for a balanced breakfast in my household. Whether with Greek yogurt as a protein snack, in an Acai Bowl or just as a quick snack, granola simply belongs on my kitchen shelf. Meanwhile, you can also buy Granola in the supermarket in Switzerland, but unfortunately, the common brands are mostly full of artificial sugar. But it’s very easy to make Granola yourself and I will show you exactly how to:
What’s Granola? And what’s in it?
The name “Granola” comes from the USA, here in German-speaking countries one would probably simply call it muesli. Basically the name comes from a crispy breakfast dish made from oat flakes and various nuts, fruits, spices and seeds. Most of the times, granola is roasted in the oven, a thing that gives it its own delicious taste!
How to make Granola: Easy & Fast Recipe
Making granola yourself is not as difficult as it may seem at first glance. But it is definitely worth it! Not only do you always have enough supplies when the supply is running low, you also know exactly what’s in your granola.
No artificial sugar
In this recipe I deliberately avoid any artificial sugar. Accordingly, the granola that results is not sweet. If you are more in the mood for a sweet taste, feel free to try different sweeteners like maple syrup, honey or agave syrup!
- 360g oat flakes (coarse)
- 100g chopped almonds (or nuts of your choice)
- 40g sunflower seeds (or seeds of your choice)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 3 Protein
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 150°C circulating air. Mix the oats, nuts, seeds and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a second bowl, beat the three egg whites until stiff. Add the maple syrup and mix it with the egg whites.
- Mix the egg whites with the oat flakes and stir until everything is well mixed.
- Spread the mixture on a baking tray and press everything evenly flat until the whole tray is covered.
- Roast the mixture in a preheated oven for about 40 – 50 minutes. Loosen the granola every 20 minutes until it is crispy and golden or until it has reached your preferred roast.
- Let it cool down and fill it into an airtight container. Stored in a cool and dry place, you can keep it for up to 3 weeks.
Have you tried my recipe or a recipe of your own? Write it in the comments so that I can try it out too! 💕
Want Regular Updates? Sign up for my Newsletter: