Summer’s here, and with it comes the heat, of course. But just because the sun is currently doing its best to melt everything and everyone who dares to go outside doesn’t mean that I’m ready to give up my daily ration of caffeine. And to be honest – when is a better time to drink an ice-cold iced latte than in this weather? Learn my recipe for a vegan iced hazelnut latte:
Although I’m a big fan of Frappuccinos and Cold Brews, my budget doesn’t allow me to go to Starbucks every day (and let’s not talk about the amount of sugar in most of these drinks, too). Good thing I have my own delicious recipe!
This vegan Iced Hazelnut Latte is as easy to prepare as it is delicious. You probably have everything you need at home already. Perfect for a refreshing, quick caffeine kick!
Summer Recipe: Easy Vegan Iced Hazelnut Latte
- fresh Espresso or coffee
- Hazelnut milk
- Ice cubes or crushed ice
- Optional: Syrup or sweetener of choice
1. Fill your glass with ice cubes or crushed ice Tip: I always use frozen coffee cubes for Iced Coffee! This way the coffee does not water down while the cubes slowly melt, but keeps its delicious coffee taste. Simply pour coffee into the ice cube mold and put it in the freezer!
2. Pour freshly made espresso (or regular coffee, if you prefer a less intense taste) into the glass. I personally let it cool down a little first, so that the ice cubes don’t start to melt immediately. But this is optional.
3. If you want to use sweetener, mix it with the hazelnut milk. Pour the milk into a container – I use one Mason Jars – and close the lid. Now shake it well until it becomes frothy! Tip: Of course you can also make this recipe with cow’s milk or other vegan options like coconut or almond milk. 😉
4. Pour the frothy hazelnut milk into your glass with your coffee and enjoy your Iced Hazelnut Latte!
Simple, fast and soooo delicious! Have you tried the recipe or do you have your own secret recipe? Tell me in the comments!😊
Want Regular Updates? Sign up for my Newsletter:
Header: Alex Loup // Unsplash