I don’t know about you, but I’m a huge brownie fan! No wonder, there’s a lot of chocolate in them. So if there’s one thing I never get tired of, it’s trying out new Brownie variations. And I’ve already tried a lot of things: 5 ingredient brownies, red velvet brownies, rainbow blondes, cookie-stuffed brownies… You see what I mean. 😉 Read on to find the recipe for one of my absolute favorite variations:
One of my all-time favorite recipes over the years is Fudgy Chocolate & Caramel Brownies – they’re by far my go-to brownies for birthdays, events or presents. Personally, I love it when the brownies are as moist, chocolate-y and soft as possible and only the crust on the outside is crunchy. And that’s exactly what makes this recipe soooooo good!
Fudgy Chocolate & Caramel Brownies
- 120g butter, soft
- 290g dark chocolate (my recommendation is at least 72% cacao)
- 260g sugar (I mix 100g brown with 160g white sugar for extra fugde)
- 1/4 TL salt
- 2 eggs
- 140g flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder or 1 dash cooled espresso for a bit more moisture
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped caramel pieces
1) Preheat the oven to 180° C top-bottom heat. Line the baking tray with baking paper. Make sure that the sides are also well covered, otherwise, the brownies will quickly stick to the tray.
2) Melt the butter and chocolate in a pan at medium heat and mix well. Leave to cool a little.
3) Mix the sugar, flour, chocolate powder, espresso (powder), salt, eggs and the melted chocolate-butter mix in a large bowl. Mix the chocolate and caramel pieces into the dough to your liking. Important: Do not stir for too long, the dough should not become too airy!
4) Spread the dough evenly on the prepared tray and bake in the middle of the oven for 40 minutes. The dough should still stick to the toothpick when you take out the brownies. Important: Leave the brownies to cool completely in the tray before you cut them.
5) Decorate the brownies as you like with icing sugar and caramel sauce and enjoy.
Serving tip: These brownies taste great with vanilla ice cream 😉
What’s your favourite brownie recipe? Tell me in the comments!
Want regular Updates? Sign up for my Newsletter: